Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fractals





If you are interested in fractals, Benoit Mandelbrot is a good place to start.

Apophysis, Fractal Explorer and MandaExplorer are free software programs that create what you tell them to, or something like that. You'll find links to these and more once you get involved in the fractal world - it's an amazing journey.

A group on Yahoo posts periodically and, through it, this link appeared. The Orbit Trap is a fantastic blog - it'll make your head reel and please your eyes. I've only just begun to read and absorb...but I did notice that the sidebar has links to much of the available software!

Paul N. Lee has lots of information as well.

Good travels to you - and please keep me posted so I can follow you on the fractal trip.

The image is a piece of fractal post-processed in Digital Image and Irfanview.

♥♥♥

1 comment:

Patois42 said...

I have loved your fractals so much. I can't wait to check out those sites. Thanks.