Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Snow and Apophysis






You may laugh, if you wish, but you have no idea how difficult this stuff is for me. :)

The image is a fractal created in Apophysis and layered in Adobe PhotoShop Elements 5 which came with my Bamboo Fun tablet.

The first problem I encountered was getting a kinda decent shot of my right hand with my left manning the camera. Gadzooks. Then came the actual part of learning enough about layers and magic erasers to make this happen.

If you wonder why, I have no answer other than that the snow keeps falling. There are more than six feet on the ground, the man who was going to come shovel the snow off the roof before it collapsed hasn't shown up and there's nothing like a new project to keep my mind off the stress that could build if I thought about the roof caving in on top of me and my 'stuff'.

If I last longer than winter, I may be better at these experiments. Oh, I know, that's not much of a promise, but it's the best I can do on this day...

♥♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tumble, I used to live in Colorado and know the danger of snow covered roofs. Hope your guy shows up soon. And watch those killer icicles. And, really like the sunday image.

Anonymous said...

Love this one too! I saw it earlier but was called away...

pictureeachday said...

Ooh, this is a beautiful fractal! I like thinking that you just drew it by hand--I would be quite impressed.

I'm terrible at doing anything with my left hand, so I completely understand where you're coming from here.